Discover Our Trips
Insurance That Fits Your Travel Style
Purchasing travel insurance is easy. Simply choose a plan that’s right for you, and you’re on your way!
Are you a Globetrotter?
Do you need the flexibility of changing travel dates? Are your travel plans the kind that have you soul searching or adventure-seeking, where you may be away from home for a lot longer than your typical two-week break…maybe even a year? You are a Globetrotter, you’ve put a lot of time and effort into researching for your lengthy trip, and you should protect it. This is travel insurance designed with you in mind. Affordable coverage that fits your trip style and budget.
• Cancellation prior to departure $5,000
• Trip interruption $50,000
• Emergency Medical $1 million
• Flight accident $50,000
• 1-50 years old
• Trips 1-547 days in length
Are you a Jetsetter?
Perhaps you’re more like a Jetsetter? You frequently take a pause for quick trips, or your travel options include visiting friends and family overseas. Maybe retirement has you living La Dolce Vita and you spend a month or more at a vacation home. You need coverage that offers family rates or may be customizable. We have you covered.
• Cancellation customizable
• Trip interruption – unlimited
• Emergency medical $10 million
• Flight accident $100,000
• 1-74 years old
• Trips under 60 days – for longer trips call us at 1.866.341.1777
COVID-19 Insurance & Assistance
An ideal complement to the Globetrotter and Jetsetter plans, this is an insurance plan that covers emergency medical and quarantine expenses related to COVID-19 if you test positive for COVID-19 while travelling.
Emergency hospital and medical
• COVID-19 emergency treatment: up to policy maximum ($5,000,000 per person per insured trip). Out of pocket expenses: $500
• COVID-19 emergency transportation: up to policy maximum
• COVID-19 return of travel companion: up to policy maximum
• COVID-19 expenses in the event of death up to $5,000
• Quarantine meals & accommodation: $150/day to a max. of $2,100 p.p. Max. $4,200 for all travellers combined in one policy.
• Denied boarding: $300 for meals and approved accommodation, based on suspicion from the common carrier.
• Must be a Canadian resident with provincial health insurance
• Must be at least 15 days old
• Must have purchased your policy prior to departing on your trip or, if purchasing an extension, prior to the expiry date of your COVID-19 policy.
Other features and benefits
• May be purchased up to 240 days in advance of departure
• No medical questionnaire required
• No upper age limit
• No policy deductible
• Cruise ship travel in eligible for coverage, even with a level 4 travel advisory in effect
Call us at 1-866-341-1777 to learn more and get a quote!
Find out what you need to know for your trip: Covid-19 Visa Requirements and Travel Restrictions
TOP 5 REASONS
to Choose Travel Insurance with Merit Travel
Insurance products underwritten by CUMIS General Insurance Company, a member of The Co-operators group of companies, and administered by Allianz Global Assistance. Allianz Global Assistance is a registered business name of AZGA Service Canada Inc. and AZGA Insurance Agency Canada Ltd. AZGA Service Canada Inc. is the successor by amalgamation to TIC Travel Insurance Coordinators Ltd.