VISIT LEGENDARY FERNIE
WIDE (5 BOWLS) OPEN (142 TRAILS) SPACES (2500+ ACRES)
Easily accessible along the famous Powder Highway in southern British Columbia and situated along the borders of Alberta and Montana, this passionate, historic ski town receives up to 30ft of snowfall every year. With Fernie’s 5 distinct Alpine bowls and a wealth of gladed terrain for all levels of skiers/riders there is so much ground to explore!
Epic snow. Vast mountains. Passionate, adventurous and down-to-earth people. Warm hospitality and a community that thrives in a laid-back atmosphere. This is the Canadian Rockies – Fernie Style.
In Fernie, legendary skiing and snowboarding fuses with real stories from locals, pioneers, ski bums and free skiers as well as the stunning scenery of the surrounding Lizard Range to create a distinct mountain town culture free of pretense and full of fun.
At Fernie Mountain Resort, enjoy an authentic experience that many will tell you is a dream mountain for all true skiers and riders. Enjoy the resort’s array of wide-open bowls, chutes and long meandering tree runs. With it comes the convenience of ski-in, ski-out lodging and on-mountain dining.
Just 10 minutes away back down in town, you’ll find additional lodging, dining and shopping options, all prepared to enhance your stay in this cozy destination. When you’re ready to head back up the mountain, a shuttle service is ready and waiting.
The most important thing to do when visiting Fernie is to take time to revel in the legendary powder. The vast terrain in Fernie – including 5 distinct alpine bowls and a wealth of gladed areas – gets dumped with an average of 9 metres (30 feet) annually!
Take full advantage of this powder paradise with a private first tracks session. Available for groups of up to three people, these sessions allow you to be the first on the mountain to shred powder (or fresh corduroy) with your dedicated guide from 8am to 10am.
Other activities for Fernie explorers to enjoy:
- Explore the wealth of multi-use trails on fat bike or by snowshoe. Rent your equipment and head out on your own or participate in a guided tour.
- Glide through over 50 kilometers of track-set cross country ski trails.
- Play shinny at the public outdoor NHL sized rink, or cheer on the Ghostriders, Fernie’s Junior B Hockey team.
- Restore mind and body with a variety of spa & wellness facilities located amidst the mountains.
EXPERIENCE CANADIAN ROCKIES FERNIE STYLE
Beyond the mountain, Fernie offers a wealth of small-town charm and a vibrant arts and culture scene.
- Historic downtown is a must visit, complete with picturesque heritage buildings, boutique shops and diverse cuisine
- Variety of locally made/ locally inspired cuisine, along with craft brewers/distillers (beer, spirits, coffee & Kombucha!)
- Restore mind and body within a variety of spa & wellness facilities located amidst the mountains.
MERIT TRAVEL’S FERNIE SPECIALS
*STAY FOR 7 NIGHTS AND PAY FOR 6 NIGHTS!
*Promo available when staying at SnowCreek Lodge; SnowCreek Cabins; Timberline Bronze & Platinum Condos Townhomes Some properties offer studios, 1 bedrooms, 2 bedrooms, 2 bedroom with Loft or Hot Tub, 3 bedrooms, and 4 bedrooms. Valid for travel from December 1, 2022-April 30, 2023. Blackout dates- Dec 16, 2022-Jan 2, 2023 and Feb 17-Feb 20, 2023. Subject to availability.