Wine Trail along the Aegean Coast
Thrace to Sirince
Entice your inner sommelier on this 10-day historic and scenic wine trail along the Aegean Coast. Starting in the Thrace Region, the Persian King, Darius the Great once commented on the excellence of the wine produced in this region. Enjoy touring the vineyard situated in the countryside of Kirklareli, extending below the Strandja mountain. In Bozcaada tour the majestic Castle and discover Bozcaada Island before stopping at the Corvus Wine Factory & Vineyard. Walk in the foot steps of the Trojan horse with a visit to Troy and afterward experience a special tasting at the Adatepe Olive Oil Museum. Enjoy the majestic views from the Altar of Zeus before arriving on Cunda Island, the largest of the Ayvalik Islands, well known for it’s beauty and Greek influence. Experience wine tastings in Luleburgaz, Cesme, Urla and Sirince. Feel welcomed into a local home in Sirince for lunch. Rest easy at night in 4 and 5-star accommodation.
• Taste your way around Turkey’s wine region, located by the Aegean Sea
• Enjoy tastings, learn about pairings with local culinary favourites, and the history while touring the cellars and vineyards dating back over two thousand years
• Drive through picturesque scenic hillside hamlets, seaside villages and stop in historical cities such as Troy.
• Visit Castles, churches, temples, ruins, libraries and museums featuring ancient architecture and archeological wonders including UNESCO World Heritage Site Ephesus
• Experience an Olive Oil tasting and learn about the history in the Adatepe Olive Oil Museum
• 9 nights in 4 or 5 star accommodations
• 9 Breakfasts
• 9 days of private sightseeing in a deluxe air-conditioned vehicle with a professional driver.
• Licenced professional tour guide in English language
• Entrance fees to all museums, parks, and historic sites as marked on the itinerary.
• All private arrival and departure transfers with baggage handling.
• Wine tasting in Luleburgaz, Bozcaada, Cesme, Urla and Sirince.
• Olive oil tasting in Ayvalık and Cesme.
• Lunch at a local home in Sirince village.
• Round-trip ferry tickets to Bozcaada island
• Domestic airfare
• Bottled water provided throughout the tour
• Welcome Package
• Gratuities to driver and guide
• Personal expenses of the guests
• Recommended lunches & dinners will be at guests’ own expenses
Level of support:
Related Services Available to Add:
Day 1 | ISTANBUL - THRACE
At 10:00 a.m. you will meet your professional local guide at the meeting point and drive to Luleburgaz for 2½ hours and check-into your authentic boutique hotel located in a vineyard of one of the best wineries, Arcadia. Situated in the countryside of Kırklareli, in the valley extending below the Strandja mountain, the property is located on a total of 200 hectares, it is an example of agricultural protection with sustainably cultivated vineyards, Chateau type winery, orchards, vegetable gardens, oak groves and farms of different sizes.
You will enjoy your lunch at the hotel restaurant.
After your lunch, you will meet your wine expert. You will tour the cellar and your wine expert will explain you about the wines and vineyards in Thrace.
Dinner will be served at the hotel restaurant overooking to the valley. You will enjoy a delicious bottle of local wine during dinner among the ones you have tasted during the day.
Operated by Sea Song
® Merit Travel trademark owned by, and use is granted by, Merit Travel Group Inc. Offers are based on availability and may be subject to change. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. For full terms and conditions visit, https://dev.merittravel.com/terms-and-conditions/.