Seeking to attain inner peace? Mindful travellers come blissfully close on this 13-day tour of Nepal that envelops you in local culture and Buddhist history. Your adventure inward starts in Kathmandu with a calming visit to Boudhanath Stupa, one of the world’s largest Buddhist shrines. From there, dive deeper into self-reflection mode with a two-night monastery stay that includes the option of meditation sessions with long-practicing monks. Then bring your newfound zen-ness to Buddha’s birthplace in Lumbini for an illuminating visit. Return to Kathmandu for one final night to reflect on everything you’ve learned about the country and yourself.
Balance yourself with yoga throughout, Hike Pokhara’s hills with the backdrop of the Himalayas, Enjoy healthy meals prepared locally, Visit the G for Good-supported Sisterhood of Survivors, Meet locals at Barauli Community Homestay, Learn local recipes at cooking demos.
• Your G for Good Moment: Sisterhood of Survivors Project, Kathmandu
• Your G for Good Moment: Barauli Village Orientation Walk, Royal Chitwan National Park
• Your G for Good Moment: Barauli Community Homestay, Royal Chitwan National Park
• Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
• Your Wellness Moment: Yog Nidra Yoga Class, Kathmandu
• Your Wellness Moment: Standing Yog Asanas Yoga Class, Kathmandu
• Your Wellness Moment: Boudha Meditation Program, Kathmandu
• Your Wellness Moment: Sitting Yog Asanas, Kathmandu
• Your Local Living Moment: Azom Monastery Guest House, Pharping
• Your Wellness Moment: Lying Yog Asanas Class, Pharping
• Your Wellness Moment: Azom Monastery Meditation, Pharping
• Your Wellness Moment: Yoga with your CEO - Lumbini, Lumbini
• Your Foodie Moment: Barauli Community Cooking Demonstration and Home Dinner, Royal Chitwan National Park
• Your Wellness Moment: Narayani River cycle and Yoga, Royal Chitwan National Park
• Your Local Living Moment: Barauli Community Immersion, Royal Chitwan National Park
• Your Wellness Moment: Yoga Session - Barauli Community, Royal Chitwan National Park
• Your Wellness Moment: Meditation - Rupakot, Pokhara
• Your Wellness Moment: Sunrise Yoga - Pokhara, Pokhara
• Your Wellness Moment: Morning Yoga and Meditation - Pokhara, Pokhara
• Your Wellness Moment: Shirodhara Therapy Session, Pokhara
• Your Wellness Moment: Yoga in Pokhara, Pokhara. Arrival transfer. Visit Boudhanath and Swayambhunath Stupas. Visit Lumbini Garden and Maya Devi Temple. Chitwan National Park jeep safari. Rupakot hike. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
Related Services Available to Add:
Day 1 - Kathmandu
Arrive any time, arrival transfer included. Enjoy a Yog Nidra yoga class and join the CEO for an organic welcome dinner.
Day 2 - Kathmandu
Start the day with any early morning Standing Yog Asanas class. After breakfast, explore Kathmandu including Swayambhunath Stupa and the G Adventures supported Sisterhood of Survivors Project where we learn how to make momos (dumplings) and enjoy a local lunch. Continue to Boudhanath Stupa, one of the world's largest Buddhist shrines for a tour, then enjoy a meditation class.
Day 3 - Kathmandu/Pharping
Rise early for a sitting Yog Asanas class, then enjoy some free time to explore Kathmandu. Later, transfer to Pharping and our Monastery guesthouse where we will take an orientation walk around the Monastery and surrounding area.
Day 4 - Pharping
Rise early to join the Monks for a prayer ceremony, then take a lying Yog asanas class. Enjoy free time to explore the area, visit the town or other monasteries. This evening, join the Monks during their evening meditations.
Day 5 - Pharping/Lumbini
Opt to join the Monks for an early morning prayer session before transferring back to the Kathmandu airport for the flight, then drive to Lumbini, the Lord Buddha's Birthplace. Enjoy a tricycle tour to visit Lumbini gardens, Maya Devi Temple and other monasteries in this stunning UNESCO World Heritage area.
Day 6 - Lumbini
Rise early to practice our yoga poses with the CEO. Remainder of day is free to explore, rent a bike or visit other monasteries in Lumbini garden.
Day 7 - Lumbini/Chitwan National Park
Rise early for a yoga session with the CEO then drive to Barauli Community Homestay – a G Adventures supported program. Enjoy a warm welcome from a group of ladies from the community and have lunch. After take a walk through the village then visit a local home for a cooking demonstration with our Tharu hosts. Visit their farm land to pick vegetables and offer a hand in dinner preparation.
Day 8 - Chitwan National Park
Enjoy a morning cycle down to Narayani River where we practice yoga postures learnt so far with our CEO. After lunch, travel by 4x4 to the Buffer Zone of Chitwan National Park for a jeep safari into the jungle in search of rhinos, deer, crocodiles and birds. Return to the community for dinner and a cultural program including local music and the Tharu stick dance.
Day 9 - Chitwan National Park/Pokhara
Opt to join the CEO for morning yoga before driving to Rupakot, a stunning natural heaven just outside Pokhara. Soak in the views across the valley and marvel at the distant Annapurna Himalaya range and this evening enjoy a meditation session.
Day 10 - Pokhara
Rise early to witness sunrise over the Annapurna ranges and practice Surya Namaskar (sun salutation) Yoga. Later, embark on a hike in the hills to meet the local Gurung community and enjoy a picnic lunch. In the evening, relax with another meditation program.
Day 11 - Pokhara
Enjoy a morning yoga and meditation session before heading into Pokhara town for the night. Take an orientation walk with the CEO and have some free time to explore. Later enjoy a Shirodhara therapy session which invokes an immediate calmness of the body, spirit and mind.
Day 12 - Pokhara/Kathmandu
Enjoy a morning yoga class before catching a flight back to Kathmandu. Enjoy free time to explore and opt to take a singing bowl therapy session.
Day 13 - Kathmandu
Depart at any time.
Activity level: Average.
® Merit Travel trademark owned by, and use is granted by, Merit Travel Group Inc. Offers are based on availability and may be subject to change. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. For full terms and conditions visit, https://merittravel.com/terms-and-conditions/.