TEACH IN VIETNAM
SWAP’s Teach in Vietnam program places participants in schools and universities around Vietnam to teach for one semester and experience local life like a tourist cannot. It is our mission to ensure that all participants have an enjoyable, memorable and positive experience in Vietnam; that they develop an understanding of the Vietnamese culture; make a worthwhile contribution to their placement school; develop their skills set; obtain a teaching qualification and have an amazing experience.
- Eligibility: Canadians aged 20-35. You must be fully fluent in English, have a clean criminal background (a police check will be required), and hold a Bachelor's degree (any subject, you will need to bring the original degree with you into Vietnam). You must also hold a TEFL or TESOL certificate (minimum 110 hours). Applicants will commit to one academic term that is approximately 4.5 months plus a 6-day arrival group orientation prior to the placement
- Registration Deadline: There are 2 opportunities per year; the January semester and the August semester. Placements fill up quickly in advance so registration remains open throughout the year. If you have a specific semester in mind, applications close approximately 3 months prior to the beginning of the semester (eg. October closing for a January start, and May closing for an August start). Placements are subject to availability and whether the candidates are appropriate for the teaching position requirements.
- Length of Teaching Placement: 4.5 months (the approximate length of one academic term)
- Start Dates: Semesters begin in January and August of each year. Registration for the January 2017 semester is currently open (orientation date is to be confirmed).
- Additional Costs (not included in program fee): Health check in Vietnam ($75 USD), single entry visa ($50 USD), work visa extension ($250 USD).
- • A one-week orientation plus a 4.5 month semester teaching placement at a Vietnamese school
- • A living allowance paid by your school of approximately $700 USD/month (approximately 16 million VDN/month). For comparison, the average salary in Vietnam is approximately $180 USD
- • Local support throughout the duration of the program
- • Airport pickup
- • Pre-departure handbook and welcome package
- • Welcome dinner at the beginning of your orientation week
- • Vietnamese language lessons
- • Full accommodation during orientation and teaching placement is included
- • Social and cultural activities during the orientation week
- • A completion bonus of approximately $700 USD at the end of semester (previously $250 USD in 2015!)
SWAP Support & Resources:
- • SWAP's personalized assistance in reviewing and editing the necessary visa applications forms
- • Our Program Coordinator will assist you in the preparation of your application and details of your placement
- • Handbook with useful cultural and tourist information, teaching advice and local resources
Level of support:
Related Services Available to Add:
*Operated by SWAP Working Holidays.
® Merit Travel trademark owned by, and use is granted by, Merit Travel Group Inc. Offers are based on availability and may be subject to change. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. For full terms and conditions visit, https://merittravel.com/terms-and-conditions/.