SWAP UNITED KINGDOM
It’s been a long work day, so naturally you gather at the pub with your mates. But this isn’t just any pub – every nook and cranny has a story and the establishment is older than Canada itself. Not bad for a Monday night, yeah? With the exciting nightlife, bustling capitals, serene landscapes, and soaring power of the British Pound, it’s a brilliant time to spend up to two years living and working in the historic United Kingdom.
- Eligibility: Canadians aged 18-30. Must have the required biometrics appointment
- Registration Deadline: Apply at least eight weeks prior to intended arrival
- Repeat Participation: No
- Visa Duration: Any period up to two years
- Support Funds: You must have the amount of £1890 saved in your account as of the day you submit your application. These are called support funds and are a requirement of the government
Local Support in the UK:
- • One of the most valuable parts of the SWAP UK program is the arrival orientation in London. The orientation provides vital information; you will receive tips on securing work, finding temporary or permanent accommodation and information on red tape issues
- • A welcome party! Celebrate this new chapter in your life with other people who are also now living it up in the UK!
- • Our hosting centre is in central London, right in the middle of the action
- • Assistance in setting up your new bank account at a major UK bank
- • Free money transfer
- • Your choice of UK SIM card
- • Help in arranging your National Insurance Number
- • CV workshop: local experts give tips on the perfect CV. The hosting centre can also forward your CV to employer contacts
- • Employment advice from our local staff who know what you are looking to do for work
- • Weekly job seminars
- • Accommodation advice and assistance. Get information straight from people who live and work in the UK (instead of random people on the internet)
- • Access to our exclusive accommodation and job boards
- • Membership to exclusive social events club
- • Ongoing advice and support for your entire working holiday in the UK. Whether you come in on your first week wanting to know if a certain employer is reputable, or come in 2 years later wanting to know how to do your taxes overseas, our staff is there for you. Work, social life, travel - talk to us about anything!
- • 24-hour emergency support line
- • Free wi-fi access at our hosting centre
- • Access to computer/printing facilities. Print out your perfect CV (that you crafted at the CV workshop, obviously) or anything else you need
- • A 3-day trial gym membership
SWAP Support & Resources:
- • All the necessary forms, information, checklists, and special insight you will need to have your UK visa approved
- • We'll be with you, advising on every step of the application process
- • Your GO SWAP KIT, which has valuable information on your visa, as well as pre-departure preparation
- • Our exclusive United Kingdom: The SWAPPER's Guide. This essential, full guide will prepare you for living and working in the UK. You will get both a physical and PDF copy of the guide
• A two-year working holiday visa that allows for multiple entries into the country
• Accommodation upon arrival: Two nights in London
Related Services Available to Add:
*Operated by SWAP Working Holidays. Includes visa and first two nights’ accommodation. $395 with visa, without accommodation.
® Merit Travel trademark owned by, and use is granted by, Merit Travel Group Inc. Offers are based on availability and may be subject to change. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. For full terms and conditions visit, https://merittravel.com/terms-and-conditions/.