SWAP NEW ZEALAND
It turns out the fantasy world of hobbits, dragons, dwarves, and wizards exists in a very real place! You may recognize New Zealand’s spectacular landscapes from a starring role in a famous trilogy. If you were blown away by those stunning mountains, enchanted forests, turquoise lakes, rolling hills, and tranquil rivers on screen, this is your chance to experience the magic in person, bro! With a population of 4.5 million people (and over 30 million sheep), in a landmass equivalent to that of the UK, most of the time you can see the beauty of New Zealand without the hordes of tourists. But New Zealand is not just geared for outdoorsy types – lively (and sheep-free) cities like Auckland, New Zealand’s capital, have enough pubs, museums, and shops to keep you entertained!
- Eligibility: Canadians aged 18-35
- Registration Deadline: Apply at least four weeks prior to intended arrival
- Repeat Participation: Yes, exclusively through SWAP.
- Visa Duration: Any period up to one year
- Support Funds: You must have the amount of $4,200 NZD saved in your account as of the day you submit your application. These are called support funds and are a requirement of the New Zealand government.
Local Support in New Zealand:
- • Arrival orientation in Auckland. The orientation you will get is vital since you will receive tips on securing work, finding accommodation, information on red tape issues, and more!
- • Fast-track service to open a bank acc
• One-year working holiday visa that allows for multiple entries into the country
• Accommodation upon arrival: Two nights in Auckland
Level of support:
Related Services Available to Add:
*Operated by SWAP Working Holidays. Includes visa and first two nights’ accommodation.
® Merit Travel trademark owned by, and use is granted by, Merit Travel Group Inc. Offers are based on availability and may be subject to change. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. For full terms and conditions visit, https://dev.merittravel.com/terms-and-conditions/.