SWAP makes it easy to secure a bank account, phone, and provides assistance with accommodation and job searching during your entire stay. Your year-long work permit means you can fund your adventures, nature fun, and cheap travels to just about anywhere in Asia. You’ll come home with international work experience, new friends, countless stories from the trip of a lifetime, and if you manage your funds efficiently, some change in your pockets, too.
- Eligibility: Canadians aged 18-30
- Registration Deadline: Apply at least five weeks prior to your intended arrival
- Visa Duration: Any period up to six months (once in Japan, you will have the opportunity to extend your visa for an additional six months)
- Support Funds: You must have the amount of $2500 CAD saved in your account as of the day you submit your application. These are called support funds and are a requirement of the Japanese government
Local Support in:
- • Our expert SWAP materials: Your GO SWAP Kit to assist with trip preparation, job and accommodation searches before you arrive
- • The latest LONELY PLANET Japan guide - a wonderfully informative book detailing all the must-see and hidden treasures of Japan
- • Access to computers, internet access, and free Wi-Fi at the English resource centre lounges in Tokyo and Fukuoka
- • A 24/7 Emergency support number
- • A city walking tour
- • Free access to social events like movie nights with other travellers living in Japan
SWAP Support & Resources:
- • We'll represent you in the visa application process and make sure your Japanese working holiday visa is approved
- • You'll get a GO SWAP Kit, which has valuable information on your visa, as well as pre-departure preparation
- • Extensive information on foreign office worker assistance through the Japanese government
- • Travel map and tourist materials
• One-year Japanese Working Holidaymaker visa that allows for multiple entries into the country
• Accommodation upon arrival: Two nights in Tokyo
Level of support:
Related Services Available to Add:
*Operated by SWAP Working Holidays. Includes visa and first two nights’ accommodation.
® Merit Travel trademark owned by, and use is granted by, Merit Travel Group Inc. Offers are based on availability and may be subject to change. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. For full terms and conditions visit, https://merittravel.com/terms-and-conditions/.