Canada to Sydney

Going for a working holiday adventure can be the most exciting time of your life. You will meet new people, challenge yourself, and explore the world. Spend a year in Australia surfing, exploring, and making the most of your time in this amazing place.

  • Eligibility: Canadians aged 18-30. No student status required
  • Registration Deadline: Apply 3 weeks prior to departure.
  • Repeat Participation: No
  • Visa Duration: Any period up to 1 year
  • Support Funds: $5,000 AUD**


• One-year Australian Working Holidaymaker visa that allows for multiple entries into the country
• Accommodation upon arrival: Two nights in Sydney

• 'Just Arrived' orientation in Sydney. The orientation provides vital information on red-tape issues, finding work and accommodation, and living and travelling in Australia
• 12 Month Travellers At Work (TAW) membership, Australia's leading online job network for travellers and resume review service
• Full access, ongoing guidance and support services at the Sydney hosting centre for the duration of your stay
• Immediate access to bank accounts and tax file processing on arrival
• Airport transfer to the hostel (when you choose the accommodation package)
• 12 months of Mail drop and forwarding services
• Australian SIM card and Travellers discount card
• Welcome dinner and drinks on arrival and Harbour cruise

• Our expert SWAP materials: Electronic Welcome Pac

Level of support:

Self Guided

Related Services Available to Add:

Up to 1 Year

Price Range: $$$$$

Need more Options?

Find a travel expert

We can customize the perfect trip for your budget and interests.

Operated by SWAP Working Holidays. For full details on SWAP, please click here. **Support funds: before a work visa is granted, the foreign governments have the responsibility of ensuring that you are entering their country with the necessary support funds. Since you'll be incurring basic living expenses (such as first and last month's rent and food), this money is intended to help you settle in and tide you over until you have found a job and get your first paycheck. You are not required to pay this sum to either SWAP, the foreign government, or Merit Travel. You simply have to prove, in the form of a bank letter, that you have the adequate amount of support funds. The amount required for the bank letter is set by foreign government and can change at any time. Please note that credit and investments will not be accepted as support funds.

® Merit Travel trademark owned by, and use is granted by, Merit Travel Group Inc. Offers are based on availability and may be subject to change. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. For full terms and conditions visit, https://merittravel.com/terms-and-conditions/.

Fill out my online form.

Why Us

Travel Experts bring you top value, first-hand knowledge and unique travel experiences.

and value-add inclusions and travel savings exclusively for students, teachers or if you're under 30.
guarantee on thousands of cruise vacations with the worlds best cruise lines.
and special amenities at the world's highest-rated hotels.
like private shore excursions with your own private car and driver.
Travel insurance Compare Plans
Hotel privileges Browse
Travel blog Must Read
Travel news Sign Up