SOUTH AFRICA – SOWETO ORPHANAGE PROJECT
This is your chance to make a real and impactful difference in South Africa as a volunteer. We are looking for caring, hardworking team players who are tolerant and open to different cultures and traditions. Volunteers should be flexible and open to assisting with the projects’ needs. Working as a volunteer in Soweto, helping the community and making life easier for the children will be sure to be an absolutely rewarding experience!
- Eligibility: Canadians aged 18+
- Registration Deadline: Apply at least eight weeks prior to your preferred start date
- Trip Duration: Two weeks + three-day orientation (and a four-day Kruger National Park safari). Extended placements for four, six, and eight weeks can be arranged
- Length of Visa: Three month tourist visa (you can stay in South Africa before/after your program ends)
- Start Dates: Fixed start dates available year-round
Volunteer Duties Include:
- • Food preparation in child feeding programs
- • Help out in the nursery with babies
- • Assistance in taking care of orphaned children, from newborns to 18-year olds
- • Assisting with c
Level of support:
Related Services Available to Add:
*Operated by SWAP Working Holidays.
® Merit Travel trademark owned by, and use is granted by, Merit Travel Group Inc. Offers are based on availability and may be subject to change. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. For full terms and conditions visit, https://merittravel.com/terms-and-conditions/.