Norway & North Cape – Summer Along the Coastline
Join Hurtigruten on a fantastic summer expedition to discover the very best of Norway’s coastline, both the hidden pearls and the famous highlights. Experience Lofoten, Vesterålen, and North Cape; join in exciting activities; visit colorful towns; and encounter remote villages under the extraordinary light-filled days of the Arctic summer.
• Explore the ideal summer coastal route with the Norway experts • Enjoy an epic concert in a cathedral-like cave, far out in the Atlantic Ocean • Discover the amazing landscape of Vesterålen, Lofoten, and the North Cape • Step back in time in the charming fishing villages of Lofoten, Lyngen, and Træna
• Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
• A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations we visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
• Professional English-speaking expedition team – an international handpicked team of highly educated experts from various academic fields and with profound knowledge of the regions in which we sail
• Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
• Loan of trekking poles, and all equipment needed for optional and included activities
• All meals, including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water in all ship restaurants
• Coffee and tea included throughout the day
• Fredheim restaurant meals included
• A farewell event
Level of support:
Related Services Available to Add:
Day 1: Bergen
Your special summer expedition cruise starts in Bergen – one of Norway’s most beautiful cities and perfect for exploring on foot.
Day 2: Ålesund
This morning, we navigate the open sea around Norway’s most western point, Vestkapp, and arrive at Ålesund after breakfast.
Day 3: Brønnøysund
Today we arrive at Brønnøysund, an attractive town of 5,000 inhabitants that’s at the halfway point along Norway’s long coastline
Day 4: Stokmarknes and Risøyhamn
Vesterålen in summer is an archipelago of lush green islands, surrounded by blue sea frequented by whales, seals, and seabirds.
Day 5: Tromsø
Tromsø is an exceptionally lively city during summer.
If you’re looking for adventure, this is the place. Tromsø’s numerous summer activities include hiking and biking tours, kayaking on the fjord, and a ride on the Fjellheisen Cable Car to the top of a mountain for amazing vistas
Day 6: Honningsvåg
Welcome to the small fishing village of Honningsvåg – the gateway to spectacular North Cape.
Day 7: Havnnes
We start this morning by sailing into a fjord along the base of the magnificent Lyngen Alps – a spectacular sight.
Day 8: Svolvær and Reine
We start the day by sailing into the magnificent Trollfjord.
This natural wonder is surrounded by mountains reaching more than 3,200 feet skyward from the sea in a narrow passage that cuts deeply and dramatically into heart of the island. We carefully navigate into the channel, at times so narrow it feels as though you can reach out and touch the mountain walls.
Day 9: Træna
In the morning hours, we sail along the coast of Helgeland with nothing but sky and sea ahead. In the distance, you can see mountains rising up from the horizon. This is Træna, the site of one of the first human settlements in the far north, located right on the Arctic Circle.
Day 10: Trondheim
In the morning, we pass the octagonal Kjeungskjær lighthouse on our way to docking at Trondheim.
Day 11: Urke
Hjørundfjord stands out from other popular fjords in its solitary beauty, located far off the beaten tourist track.
Day 12: Bergen
In the early morning, we arrive back in Bergen. As you disembark, take away with you rich memories of a unique expedition cruise filled with unforgettable experiences, meetings with happy Norwegians, wildlife sightings, and encounters with stunning nature.
Price is per person, in United States Dollars, and includes all port fees & taxes. Price quoted is an indication of the lowest price you can expect to pay for an I-grade (inside) cabin, and does not include Canadian Resident discount. Prices can fluctuate and are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Hurtigruten. Applicable price will be quoted at the time of booking. **Offer is valid for new, individual bookings only, is capacity controlled, and subject to withdrawal at any time without notice. Savings apply to the cruise portion of the package only, and are based on per person, in USD, double occupancy, including taxes, fees, and port expenses. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotions except the Ambassador and Child offers, and the Canadian Residency Savings. Other restrictions may apply.
® Merit Travel trademark owned by, and use is granted by, Merit Travel Group Inc. Offers are based on availability and may be subject to change. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. For full terms and conditions visit, https://merittravel.com/terms-and-conditions/.