INDIA VOLUNTEER + TRAVEL
Take in the sights and sounds of India while giving back to the local communities. This two week program includes a volunteer placement in Jaipur as well as two weekend excursions: a trip to one of the seven wonders of the world, the Taj Mahal, and an overnight camel safari in Pushkar!
As a volunteer, you’ll be participating in a community outreach program that helps the needs of women and children. Volunteering will take about five hours per day, with plenty of downtime and opportunities to do cultural workshops, like henna classes, yoga sessions, Bollywood dancing, and Indian cooking classes.
- Eligibility: Canadians aged 18+ with a clean criminal record check
- Registration Deadline: Apply at least four weeks prior to your preferred start date
- Trip Duration: Two weeks
- Remaining 2016 Start Dates: Oct 10, 24; Nov 7, 21; Dec 5, 29
Volunteer Duties Include:
- • Teaching English and math skills to women and children
- • Daycare and assisting with young children
- • Organizing games and sports
- • Community visits to schools to track sustainability, drop-out rate and track enrollment for girls
- • Two-week volunteer teaching program
- • Accommodation on location at your placement. Facilities feature laundry, hot water, free internet, purified water, fridge, dining room, and a recreational lounge. A maximum of four participants (same gender) are placed together
- • Authentic Indian meals, cultural activities and trips
Local Support in India:
- • Transfer shuttle from the Delhi airport to your placement
- • Accommodation in an updated volunteer lounge (see below)
- • Authentic Indian meals for the length of the program
- • Local transportation from accommodation to the project
- • An exciting one-day trip to the world-famous Taj Mahal ("one of the universally admired masterpieces of the world's heritage")
- • A weekend excursion on a camel safari and a tour of the holy town of Pushkar
SWAP Support & Resources:
- • Support from SWAP staff to arrange and confirm your volunteer placement
- • SWAP's personalized assistance in reviewing and editing the necessary applications forms
- • A pre-departure Go SWAP Kit with information on the project and India
- • On-location staff and managers to help ensure the program runs smoothly
Level of support:
Related Services Available to Add:
*Operated by SWAP Working Holidays. Includes visa and first two nights’ accommodation. $395 with visa, without accommodation.
® Merit Travel trademark owned by, and use is granted by, Merit Travel Group Inc. Offers are based on availability and may be subject to change. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. For full terms and conditions visit, https://merittravel.com/terms-and-conditions/.