FOOD AND WINE IN CROATIA
Zagreb to Dubrovnik
Over two weeks in Croatia, you won’t want to leave after tasting your way around the countryside and enjoying the flexibility of having your own car, with guided services as you go. With three nights in Zagreb, explore the city and see the beautiful nearby town of Varazdin as well as the Neanderthal Museum in Krapina. Spend two nights in Rovinj and Pula truffle hunting and tasting your way through a traditional lunch at the Agrotourism Tikel. Marvel at the UNESCO listed National Park of Plitviče Lakes and explore the busy ferry and sailing hub of Split. Sail to Hvar for a full day of wine tasting and lunch at an olive grove! On your way to Dubrovnik, venture across the border into Bosnia and Herzegovina with a private guided tour of Blagaj and Mostar. Finally, roam the incredible 16th century walled-city of Dubrovnik over three nights. Rest easy at night in 4 and 5-star accommodation.
• Discover the historical city centre, ride a funicular, and explore all the famous sights and beautiful architecture of Zagreb with your private guide.
• Enjoy a day excursion to Varazdin and Krapina to explore these unique baroque towns including the Neanderthal museum.
• Take a self-drive tour on your way to Rovinj of Opatija, Croatia’s Monte Carlo. While there, take a walk in the “Lungomare” (along the sea)
• Explore Rovinj with your private guide, before self-driving with guide to Pula. While there you’ll take in the Pula Amphitheatre, and walk along the fragments of the ancient city walls built by romans in the 1st and 2nd centuries.
• Tantalize your taste buds while experiencing lunch and truffle hunting with Agrotourism Tikel
• On your way to Split stop by the National Park Plitvice Lakes where you’ll experience sixteen blue-green lakes all connected by a series of waterfalls, surrounded by forests and meadows.
• While in Split enjoy
• 14 nights in 4 or 5-star accommodations
• breakfast daily & 4 lunches.
• wine and olive oil tastings with snacks where stated in itinerary
• private transfers in luxury cars with private driver, Catamaran tickets
• car rental per itinerary
• funicular fee
• private guides, entrance to museums including the Dubrovnik Card, parks, attractions as per itinerary
• use of local cell phone with local phone numbers/SIM cards
• Tips and Gratuities
• Other services not listed in inclusions.
• Personal expenses of the guests
Level of support:
Related Services Available to Add:
DAY 1 | ARRIVE CROATIA – ZAGREB
Pick up private car rental and self drive transfer from Zagreb airport to hotel.
DAY 2 | ZAGREB
Sightseeing, private tour of Zagreb with guide, including a traditional pastry dish.
DAY 3 | ZAGREB - KRAPING
Self drive excursion, meet private guide. Visit Varazdin, and a stop at the Neanderthal Museum in Kraping.
DAY 4 | ZAGREB TO ROVINJ
Self drive to hotel, rest of time at leisure.
DAY 5 | ROVINJ - ISTRIA
Self drive excursion with private sightseeing tour of Rovinj and Pula including a traditional lunch at Agrotourism Tikel with truffle hunting.
DAY 6 | ISTRIA - SPLIT
Self drive from Istria to Split with a stop at the National Park Plitvice Lakes.
DAY 7 | SPLIT
Sightseeing, private tour of Split with guide, including an olive oil tasting.
DAY 8 | SPLIT
Day at Leisure, drop off private rental car.
DAY 9| SPLIT - HVAR
Transfer from Split to Hvar by Catamaran, check into hotel in Hvar
DAY 10 | HVAR
Sightseeing private full day wine tour in Hvar with guide, includes wine tasting and private lunch at olive grove.
DAY 11 | HVAR
Day at Leisure.
DAY 12 | HVAR – SPLIT - DUBROVNIK
Transfer from Hvar to Split by Catamaran, private transfer from Split to Dubrovnik. Private tour of Mostar and Blaggi with private guide, including lunch during transfer.
DAY 13| DUBROVNIK
Private sightseeing tour in Dubrovnik with guide, including one day Dubrovnik card and a wine tasting.
DAY 14 | DUBROVNIK
Explore the city on your own at your leisure.
DAY 15 | DUBROVNIK
Private transfer from hotel to airport
Operated by Leonidas Travel.
Prices are in USD per person, double occupancy. Supplements may apply over holidays, festivals and special events. Subject to availability. Airfare not included.
® Merit Travel trademark owned by, and use is granted by, Merit Travel Group Inc. Offers are based on availability and may be subject to change. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. For full terms and conditions visit, https://merittravel.com/terms-and-conditions/.