Explore Ecuador & Peru
Quito to Lima
Experience some of South America’s incredible sites on a 16-day adventure that brings together the awe-inspiring landscapes of Ecuador and the vivid cultures of Peru. Explore the Amazon rainforest and sleep under its living, orchestral canopy during two days at a jungle lodge; follow in the footsteps of the Incas at iconic Machu Picchu; and feel at home among the people of the Sacred Valley. From the cacophony of the Amazon to the silent beauty of the Andes, echoes of this experience will resound long after the trip is over.
Quito | Otavalo | Papallacta | Tena | Baños | Lima | Urubamba | Aguas Calientes | Machu Picchu | The Sacredy Valley | Cusco
• National Geographic Journeys Exclusives: Otavalo weaving lesson, Otavalo
• National Geographic Journeys Exclusives: Amazon home experience, Tena
• National Geographic Journeys Exclusives: Visit the Omaere Ethnobotanical Park, Baños
• National Geographic Journeys Exclusives: Traditional Andean experience, Urubamba
• National Geographic Journeys Exclusives: Cusco Planetarium, Cusco
• G Adventures for Good: Parque de la Papa (Potato Park), Urubamba
• G Adventures for Good: Parwa Community Restaurant the Sacred Valley, Lamay
• Recharge: Papallacta hot springs visit, Papallacta
• Arrival transfer
• Community local lunch
• Overnight in an historic hacienda
• Explore the Otavalo handicraft market
• Cloud forest reserve visit
• Two nights at an Amazon lodge with jungle excursions
• Excursion to Cotopaxi National Park
• Two-day Sacred Valley tour including Ollantaytambo, Moray, and Pisac ruins, and pre-Incan salt pans
• Traditional pachamanca-style dinner
• Scenic train ride and guided tour of Machu Picchu
• Internal flights
• All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
• Hotels (11 nights), historic hacienda (one night), jungle lodge (two nights), hot springs resort (one night).
• 15 breakfasts, four lunches, three dinners
• Trip leader throughout plus local guides
Level of support:
Related Services Available to Add:
Operated by G Adventures. Price will be quoted in CAD. Departure dates available year-round. Prices may vary based on departure date. Other conditions may apply. Please contact us for details. Trip Style: National Geographic Journeys.
® Merit Travel trademark owned by, and use is granted by, Merit Travel Group Inc. Offers are based on availability and may be subject to change. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. For full terms and conditions visit, https://merittravel.com/terms-and-conditions/.