EUROPEAN RIVER WINE CRUISE
Running approximately 500 miles, from the Alps of Switzerland to the North Sea, through France, Germany, and the Netherlands, the Rhine has everything a traveler could ask for: castles and monasteries, vineyards and villages, cathedrals and a wealth of epicurean delights to be savored at every bend. On this scenery-packed, 10-day journey, you’ll see and experience it all, from Amsterdam through the Lower Rhine and along the fabled Rhine Gorge, beloved by the Romantics and explorers through the ages for its picturesque beauty and ancient legends.
The Netherlands (Amsterdam) | Germany (Cologne) | Cochem | Koblenz/Lorelei/Rudesheim | Mannheim/Speyer | France (Strasbourg) | Switzerland (Basel)
• large, outside river-view staterooms, most with French balconies or walk-out balconies
• free-flowing red & white wines from Europe’s famous wine regions, beer & soft drinks
with every lunch and dinner on-board
• gourmet dining on-board
• cocktail reception, welcome dinner and Captain’s gala dinner
• services of an experienced English-speaking on-board cruise director
• 24 hour coffee station
• all on-board entertainment including talks, cooking demonstrations, musical performances and nightly piano music
• bottled water in every stateroom
• in-stateroom infotainment center
• complimentary Wi-Fi on-board
• complimentary use of on-board bicycles
• pre-paid gratuities and shore excursions in every port
• complimentary state-of-the-art audio headsets for optional excursions
• all local taxes & port charges included
Day 1 - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Embarkation from 4:00pm. Welcome Cocktail and Welcome Dinner.
Day 2 - Amsterdam/Hoorn
City tour Amsterdam canal boat cruise and flower market in morning. Excursion Holland Waterland with visit to a local cheese-maker. Rejoin the ship in Hoorn.
Day 3 - Cologne, Germany
Afternoon City walk of Cologne offers a visit to the historic Old Town with the world famous Cologne Cathedral.
Day 4 - Cochem
Morning scenic cruise along the Moselle river. Afternoon City Walk of Cochem with wine tasting located in the heart of the Moselle.
Day 5 - Koblenz/Lorelei/Rudesheim
Morning Guided Walking Tour of Koblenz, one of the most beautiful and oldest towns in Germany. Scenic cruise through the Upper Middle Rhine Valley & Lorelei Cliffs. City walk of Rudesheim and Music Museum.
Day 6 - Mannheim/Speyer
Morning City Tour of Heidelberg, home to the world-famous Heidelberg University located on the Neckar River. Afternoon City walk of Speyer, with its rich and turbulent past and its impressive Romanesque Imperial Cathedral.This evening enjoy the Captain’s Gala Dinner.
Day 7 - Strasbourg, France
Morning City tour of Strasbourg — capital of the Alsace and its beautiful half timbered houses on the bank of the river Ill. Afternoon cruising.
Day 8 - Basel, Switzerland
Disembarkation after breakfast.
Operated by Amadeus.
® Merit Travel trademark owned by, and use is granted by, Merit Travel Group Inc. Offers are based on availability and may be subject to change. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. For full terms and conditions visit, https://merittravel.com/terms-and-conditions/.