From the intricate saris of Rajasthan to the beautiful symmetry of the Taj Mahal, this compact journey is a photographer’s delight and the perfect introduction to India. You’ll float past the ghats on the River Ganges to encounter the spiritual heart of Hinduism in Varanasi and get off the beaten path exploring carved stepwells and quaint temples in rural villages. With the perfect combination of included activities and free time to explore the nation’s rich heritage, you’re sure to be caught up in India’s incredible tapestry of life.
• Arrival transfer included through the G Adventures-supported Women on Wheels project
• Walking tour with a guide from the G Adventures-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project
• Old Delhi walk with stops at the Jama Masjid, Gurduwara, Chandni Chowk, spice markets, and Connaught Place
• Amber Fort tour (Jaipur)
• Rajasthani rural village stay
• Camel cart ride (Tordi)
• Abhaneri stepwells visit
• Taj Mahal and I’timad-ud-Daulah (Baby Taj) entrance
• Agra Fort entrance and guided tour
• Orchha Palace complex visit
• Western Temple complex entrance and guided visit (Khajuraho)
• River Ganges boat trip at sunrise and sunset, including candle flower ceremony (Varanasi)
• Internal flight
• All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
• 13 nights in a hotel, one night in a sleeper train
• one breakfast, one lunch, one dinner
Level of support:
Related Services Available to Add:
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included through the G Adventures-supported Women on Wheels project.
Take a morning walk through the city with a young adult from the G Adventures-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project. Later, visit Old Delhi, explore the spice markets, and visit Jama Masjid and Connaught Place.
Arrive in Jaipur and explore this gorgeous 'pink city'.
Stop and take a photo of the 'Palace of the Winds' and wander the organized streets of the 'Pink City'. Later, enjoy a visit to the Amber Fort, famous for its mixture of Hindu and Muslim architecture.
Visit this Rajasthani rural village in the beautiful countryside with a close tie to the land.
Meals included: Lunch | Dinner
Stop by the impressive Abhaneri stepwells on the way to Agra, home of the Taj Mahal.
Meals included: Breakfast
Visit the famous Taj Mahal, Baby Taj, and Agra Fort.
Travel to Alipura and stay in a heritage property in the village.
Enjoy a day trip to Khajuraho to visit the Khajuraho Group of Monuments, India's largest group of medieval temples, known for their kama sutra statues.
Visit Orchha, a quiet rural town along the banks of the Betwa River and enjoy a puja ceremony. Visit a unique paper-making plant en route, set up to assist tribal women from the area.
Visit the Orchha Palace complex and enjoy free time before the overnight train to Varanasi. Opt for a local cooking class with a family.
Take an orientation walk through the oldest continually inhabited city in the world. Marvel at the ghats from the River Ganges as you enjoy boat trips at sunrise and sunset.
Watch the sunrise from a boat along the Ganges. Enjoy free time in this holy city.
Cut out the travel time with an afternoon flight back to Delhi.
Depart at any time.
Operated by G Adventures. Price will be quoted in CAD. Departure dates s available year-round, prices may vary, please contact us for details. Trip Style Classic. Activity level: Light.
® Merit Travel trademark owned by, and use is granted by, Merit Travel Group Inc. Offers are based on availability and may be subject to change. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. For full terms and conditions visit, https://merittravel.com/terms-and-conditions/.