12-night High Arctic Explorer
Qausuittuq (Resolute Bay), Nunavut, Canada to Kangerlussuaq, Greenland
Visit the Arctic at the height of summer! Journey in comfort aboard the Ocean Endeavour from Qausuittuq (Resolute Bay), Nunavut to Kangerlussuaq, Greenland. Explore Tallurutiup Imanga marine protected area. Visit the Franklin graves on Beechey Island. Enjoy an Inuit welcome in Mittimatalik (Pond Inlet). Across Baffin Bay lies the sublime Greenland coast. Illulissat offers cafes, hiking, and handicrafts. Ilulissat Icefjord is home to, the fastest-moving glacier in the world. Explore the best of Greenland and Nunavut!
PLUS, with 25-35 resource staff and 100 crew onboard your 198-passenger ship, you’ll never miss an opportunity to maximize your adventure!
Kangerlussuaq | Sisimiut Coast | Ilulissat | Western Greenland | Davis Strait | Mittimatalik (Pond Inlet) | Tallurutiup Imanga (Lancaster Sound) & Devon Island | Beechey Island | Qausuittuq (Resolute Bay)
• Beechey Island National Historic Site, one of the most notorious sites in the Arctic. Beechey Island is famed as the site where the ill-fated Franklin Expedition overwintered, 1845–1846.
• Tallurutiup Imanga National Marine Protected Area at Lancaster Sound, the entrance to the Northwest Passage through the Canadian Arctic Archipelago. Glacier-fed waters, mountain landscapes, and rugged coastlines define this vast and beautiful place — as does the plentiful marine wildlife. See unique cultural historical sites from the Thule period and the European explorer era. Seek seabirds, marine mammals, and polar bears in this unique, protected habitat.
• Enjoy the warmth of an Inuit cultural welcome at Mittimatilik (Pond Inlet), drum dancers, throat singers, and cultural ambassadors share their stories, songs, and connections to the land. See the views of stunning Bylot Island. Try your luck against a local athlete at Inuit games and look for handicrafts and carvings at the cultural centre.
• Jakobshavn Glacier, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The fastest-calving glacier in the world spills thousands of enormous icebergs every year into the spectacular Ilulissat Icefjord in Disko Bay, Greenland. View the icebergs from the shore on a hike along the boardwalk—then board a Zodiac to cruise your way among them!
• Kangerlussuaq and the west coast of Greenland. At the head of the many fjords which deeply cut this region are the glaciers, spawned from the enormous Greenland ice cap, which produce the mighty icebergs that dot Baffin Bay, riding their way north on currents before being carried southbound for Newfoundland.
Your ship, The Ocean Endeavour, is outfitted with twenty Zodiacs, advanced navigation equipment, multiple lounges, onboard spa, library, hot tub, sauna and a top-deck observation room. She is purpose-built for passenger experiences in remote environments. The Ocean Endeavour boasts a 1B ice class, enabling her to explore smoothly throughout the Arctic summer.
Level of support:
Related Services Available to Add:
Please contact us for the latest pricing using one of the buttons below. We’ll match you with your best option.
Aug 5-16, 2021
Cabin Category 1 from
Cabin Category 10 from
Ask about no single supplement offers in select cabin categories!
Need more Options?Find a travel expert
We can customize the perfect trip for your budget and interests.
Price is per person, in United States Dollars, and includes all port fees & taxes. Additional fees will be charged for northbound and southbound charter flights. Please enquire with travel advisor for current charter flight pricing. Price and promotions based on availability and will be confirmed at time of booking.
® Merit Travel trademark owned by, and use is granted by, Merit Travel Group Inc. Offers are based on availability and may be subject to change. Certain exclusions, limitations and restrictions may apply. For full terms and conditions visit, https://merittravel.com/terms-and-conditions/.