The Chatwal, New York, A Luxury Collection Hotel
130 West 44th Street
New York, NY USA 10036
Bridging classic and contemporary like no other, landmark building The Chatwal, New York was built in 1905 by Stanford White, and in 2010, restored and renewed by master architect Thierry Despont. The Chatwal, New York’s 76 keys, include 29 themed, specialty suites, 47 deluxe rooms and 14 terraces. Bespoke services including a team of professional Butlers, 24-hour room service and distinct minibars.
Top Ten Free Things To Do In NYC, presented by the Concierge Team at The Chatwal, New York
1. The Highline / Opened in 2009, this highly anticipated outdoor park sits on the elevated infrastructure built on Manhattan’s West Side in the 1930s. Today, sumptuous gardens and outdoor sculpture adorn this magnificent walkway, which is also an excellent place to enjoy a view of the Hudson River.
2. Bryant Park / Bryant Park serves as an urban oasis with a French style carousel, extensive garden and table for chess. During the summer, enjoy HBO’s annual film festival, poetry readings and tai chi yoga classes.
3. Central Park / For your stroll head to the 38-acre wilderness area on the west side of the park known as the Ramble. The area has a storied history (as a couple cruising spot dating back to the turn of the last century, among other things), and it was even proposed as a recreational area in the mid-’50s. Thankfully, the winding trails, rocks and streams remain, seemingly waiting to be discovered. While visiting the park, it will be nice to also do a horse carriage ride. They are readily available at 59th street and 5th Ave and no reservations are needed. The Park is a short 15-20-minute walk from the hotel.
4. Brooklyn Bridge / Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. You’ll adore the skyline views of Brooklyn and Manhattan, as well as sparkling water, sailboats.
5. Grand Central Station / Walk through a historic train terminal opened in 1913. With amazing architectural masterpieces, 44 train platforms, 68 shops, and 35 dining options.
6. 9/11 Memorial / The 9/11 Memorial consists of two enormous reflecting pools set in the footprints of the Twin Towers. The names of every person who died in the 2001 and 1993 terror attacks are inscribed in bronze around the pools. The 9/11 Memorial is open daily.
7. St. Patrick’s Cathedral / St. Patrick’s Cathedral on Fifth Avenue in New York is the largest Gothic Roman Catholic Cathedral in the United States
8. Rockefeller Plaza / Built in the 1930’s to be the grandest plaza in all of New York, walk through a plaza full of Art sculptures, and commerce.
9. Times Square / Walk through this section of New York City at the junction of Broadway and Seventh Avenue. It stretches from West 42nd to West 47th Streets. Bright billboards and advertisements, and skyscrapers Times Square is sometimes referred to as the “heart of the world”. it is also the home of the Broadway Theater District.
10. New York Public Library Main Branch / Walk through this library, with nearly 53 million items, It is the second largest public library in the United States Exhibits covering, literary, historical philosophical and fine art.
Book your stay at The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York and receive your complimentary airport transfers1 in addition to exclusive amenities such as Breakfast for two at the Lambs Club2, Butler Service, a VIP Welcome Amenity and more3!
1. One-way transfer for select Junior Suite bookings, and two-way transfer for select One Bedroom Suites or higher.
2. Breakfast for two at the Lambs Club, per room.
3. “More” amenities include early check-in, late check-out and room upgrade; all subject to availability at the time of check-in/departure.
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. All prices are in local currency. All prices are per night, per room, double occupancy, unless otherwise noted. Prices may vary by day of travel, season, duration and are subject to availability at time of booking. Blackout dates may apply. Valid on new reservations, not combinable with other offers unless otherwise noted and not applicable to groups. Contact a Merit Travel consultant at 1.866.341.1777 for full terms and conditions.
September 13, 2017